Thursday, April 27, 2006

let the fest season begin

Earlier today I finally got around to checkin' out the newly created Lollapalooza Message Board. I was initially filled with excitement as a batch of posts proclaimed today would not only mark a ticket price increase but, artist additions would be announced. I was psyched. Would The Strokes finally be added? Alas minutes after coming across the news I found out that only the price increase would happen. More artists will be announced...over the coming weeks.

Over in the UK, the Reading / Leeds Festivals made a bunch of additions to there already amazing line-up. NME has the list. Since high school I've wanted to make the journey across the pond to experience at least one of the gigantic fests that occur throughout the summer all across Europe. A guy can dream.

Coachella begins in less than 48 hours. Kanye West was a surprise addition to the Saturday line-up. Amazing set of artists. I can't say I'd rank it as the best of the American fests. None the less this weekend the desert will be dancin.

Franz & Death Cab put on a steller evening of music Tuesday. A lovely evening of music was had. The boys in Death Cab rock out more than I ever imagined, to bad the crowd didn't follow suit. In the crowd's defense, I sat in the bleachers for there set. As a whole the tunes don't make for the best stuff to jump around to. Franz on the other hand can't help but make you move around. I had a blast dancin around and jumpin every which way.

No comments: