Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Canada + Bright Eyes = this summer?!?!?

A nice tidbit popped up this morning on Pitchfork. In a little piece on Bright Eyes and the recording of the new album there is mention of a possible 3 week Canadian Tour for this summer. Bright Eyes in Canada for 3 weeks...holly shit, that would kick so much ass. Most bands who tour Canada blow through in 10-14 days usually with the Maritimes neglected. This has me thinking that if it is true that the whole nation would be visited. I'm not sure if an Edmonton stop is in the works where it would be. My gut is telling me Starlite, mainly because of the anti-coporate slant of Bright Eyes. Reds seems most realistic but its in the biggest mall in the world. Who knows? Bright Eyes in Edmonton would rival any show that is coming up in my humble opinion. It would be up there with Franz/Death Cab, The Strokes, & Chili Peppers. I am crossing my fingers that this comes true.

After some thought, I think the Folk Fest is a real possibility. Makes sense, I guess it all depends when this tour would take place. I could see it being in late June or early July to coincide with the only other scheduled dates Bright Eyes have this year.

No comments: