Wednesday, March 29, 2006

the Island ran away

As I feared it now appears that Islands will not be joining Metric next week in Edmonton. It looks like The Elected will be filling in for them while Panurge will still be performing. Although Islands record does not come out until next week it has been all over the internet for months. It is one of my favorite records of the year. Crazy good. Would of been nice to catch them live. Crossing my fingers that they will be added to Pitchfork fest. Promotional stuff for the album is my guess for jumping off of the Metric tour. Sad. My excitement level for both of next weeks show is really not there although I can see the Metric show being fun, TOC just feels like a burden to me. Why am I complaining? It'll be sweet to see live music again and soak in the tunes.

No comments: