Saturday, July 22, 2006

Warped

Warped on Thursday was a blast. I don't listen to a whole lot of emo/scremo/punk/hardcore anymore. One would think that this would sour a Warped experience. I beg to differ. I had a blast. The third straight one I've been to and I've had fun at all of them. This year's stop in Calgary was the best attended one I've been to. Calgary Hearlad write up say's 16 500 was the attendence. We arrived before the crowd was let into the staging area, a first for me. We were able to catch all the early sets before the majority of the crowd even arrived. By the middle of the afternoon the size of the crowd was striking. By the end of the day set's by NOFX & AFI were massive. Sunscreen and water were life savers. The day was a nice prep one for what it'll be like at Pitchfork & Lolla. My advice to all the festival goer's out there, be prepared. Sunscreen, as much water as they'll let you bring in, snacks if they are allowed, and a small day pack are a must. I wish I'd brought a bandana for the dust along with sun glasses. Live and learn. more thoughts to come...

No comments: