Monday, July 17, 2006

long haul

10 sleeps until Chicago. The trip should be amazing. It has gone overbudget a fair bit. That's life. I don't want to look back and think awe...I could of seen muse or could of seen cold war kids, I'm gonna see 'em, damnit, and it's gonna be kickass. Need to do a lot of research still, logistical stuff. Right now I'm pretty amped to see Voxtrot play the Pitchfork Pre-Party and of course Muse & Cold War Kids have the potential to be real highlights. I see that the Pitchfork Festival has posted times and stages. The connector stage is where I'll be parked for most of that fest. Any time I look at the Lolla schedule I come up with a different set of acts I wanna catch. I'll have to sort that out before I leave.

Last night I finally got my act together and registered for the half-marathon. 21km of pure fun. 5min/km is the pace I'm aiming for. I think I'm physically capable of doing better. Saying that I want a realistic goal and am factoring in that I've never ran the distance competively. It should be fun.

No comments: