Saturday, July 22, 2006

Dancing Through Sunday

Bloody Hawt today. Didn't feel like doing anying but sleep.
AFI played the Shaw last nite. Good show, nice stage set-up and performance. The outfits were a great idea. Having seen them Thursday & last nite I must say that the use of taped stuff used in there performance is very disheartening for me. I like to see bands play all of the sounds coming from the stage. I don't want to see a Britney-esque performance with all sorts of pre-arranged music and lip-syncing and the like. On song's like 'love like winter' all the synth stuff and most of the background vocals were just the taped stuff that you hear on the record. How hard is it to add a keyboard player on stage. Band's like Green Day have added touring player's to accompany an ever expanding soundscope. To me it take's away from the experinece and does make me think twice about listening to the band in the future. I did not take any pics but I do have some from Warped, go here to see them. 5 sleeps till Chicago.

No comments: