Saturday, August 12, 2006

Tomorrow

In about ten and a half hours I will start my first half-marathon. The Energy Capital 1/2 Marathon to be exact. My training has tampered off quite a bit lately. It's a concern along with the gimpiness displayed in my knees since I returned from Chicago. Outside of that I feel relatively fine. I haven't came to terms with what I'm about to undertake tomorrow morning. I think it'd be healthy to be a bit nervous or excited. I'm not really feeling either right now. My stomach is going through some strange motions after taking in some Gatorade but outside of that I don't feel a whole lot. It's strange. I have printed out a course map, course description, and an elevation profile. I'll study them a little for the rest of the evening and gather my gear for the morning. Weather looks decent. 1000+ will be in the race. Last half of the race looks pretty flat. The 15km on Canada Day was a blast. The last 5km in that run felt magical. If I even experience a fraction of that feeling tomorrow it will be amazing. From a practical stand point I am concerned that anything after the 15km marker may bring some trouble physically & mentally, a wall so to speak. I hope to fight on and if I have anything left after that 20km marker I am going to try and give every ounce of energy that my body has left into the home stretch. Finish strong. Results tomorrow, cheers


No comments: