Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Half-Marathon Round-Up

On Sunday I took part in the Energy Capital Half-Marathon (21km). It was my first try at this distance. I felt pretty good for most of the race. With around 4km left I really started to feel it and it turned in a test of wills to keep moving. My left calf really was hampering my efforts. I only had enough gas left to muster a little bit of a sprint in the last 100m. All in all it was a great experience and I look forward to doing the distance again...probably not until next year. Made it in at a chip time of 1:43:19. The goals were a) to finish & b) finish in 1:45 or less. Both of those were achieved. Although I am a bit sore that I finished behind a prof from Augustana who I had handily beat on the Canada Day run. I feel that my youth should of overcame in the run, but you can't always get what you want. I have been limping around since the run with aches in my legs. Lack of stretching is probably to blame. I am not registered in any other runs this year. I have spent the last 48 hours scouting out some potential runs and have made some progress. For some pics from the race go here and results here.

No comments: