Thursday, May 11, 2006

i waited

A couple of days ago Pitchfork revealed some tour dates for Neko Case. Edmonton made the list. July 5 @ Myer Horowitz Theatre. On her homepage the date is not listed & ticketmaster has nothing. I'm thinking about maybe checking the show out if it indeed takes place.

Dashboard Confessional has scheduled a bunch of summer dates south of the border. They will be playing Chicago July 28. The same day I will be arriving. I'm thinking about picking up some tickets.

I guess I wasn't the only one that got screwed by Apple over the pre-sale code for Chili Pepper tickets. I'm glad that I splurged for a fan club membership or I would be in a rock and a hard place for good tix to the show. With service charges tickets came to $82 a pop. That doesn't include the fanclub membership factored in to get the tix. Crazy. I might end up selling them. I've seen them before and have a chance at Lolla to see them again.

I was able to get a pair of tickets to see Radiohead in Toronto & New York. I was in utter shock. I sold the New York pair immediately. The chance of me attending that show was financially impossible. The Toronto show is possible. I'm seeing Bright Eyes the night before in Edmonton and it would be feasable to catch a flight to the T.O the following morning. The financial reality will probably force me to unload them...still it is nice to dream.

The Strokes play on Monday. I have put little to no thought into that show. I read that the opener will be The Most Serene Republic. A complete disappointment for me. Nothing against the group, it's just that they've played Edmonton at least a half dozen times in the last 6-8 months. I saw them twice in the fall of last year. I liked how on The Strokes homepage they linked to the myspace page of the Most Serene Republic. Too bad it hasn't been updated since Feb. I was hoping for an act that normally wouldn't play the markets on this tour. I haven't really listened extensively to The Strokes in awhile now. I'll have to get them into the playlist over the next couple days.

Check out the Puffin for a Muffin site to see the results of last weekends run. If you look closely you'll see yours truely had a nice day.

No comments: