Monday, November 13, 2006

Links November 13, 2006

Music Review | Trail of Dead; Blood Brothers | By Their Despair You Shall Know Them
“I had a house on a rock,” wailed Conrad Keely on Saturday night at Irving Plaza. “I turned around and it had gone to rot.” He went on, over a thrusting drone of guitars: “All that was left of me were walls of doubt; I asked a question but the world returned with silence.”

A Wild and Uncrazy Guy Will Ferrell used to apologize for being normal. He knew that comedians were traditionally angst-ridden, misunderstood misfits who survived unhappy childhoods by masking their pain and anger with humor. Comedy was an outlet and a remedy for their rage or melancholy or fear. From Richard Pryor to Woody AllenJim Carrey, they all had their demons. “I have no interesting demons,” Ferrell told me on a sunny early-autumn day in Hollywood.

Interview: Cat Power
Hi, I'm Fred. I got to interview Chan Marshall (thank you Pitchfork!). I found her to be
incredibly charming and very sweet.


No comments: